Medal of Distinction 2023
Congratulations to our 2023 Medal of Distinction Recipients!
Nominate a colleague, leader, volunteer, local community or team whose exceptional endeavours have led to genuine improvements in children’s health.
CHA is excited to announce that this year’s Medal of Distinction will be awarded to three different categories.
The three Award categories are:
- Individual Medal of Distinction Award – recognition for having made an outstanding contribution to improving the health of children through service provision, leadership or advocacy, relative to opportunity and years of experience.
- Local/Community Medal of Distinction – for initiatives of excellence in leadership, advocacy or service provision for children in a local community setting/non tertiary settings.
- Team Award Medal of Distinction – for initiatives of excellence in teamwork and collaboration that improves the care of children in a healthcare setting.
The selection criteria include:
- Solutions that are making a difference to the health and well-being of children, young people, and their families every day
- Advocacy for the health of children, young people, and their families
- Supporting equity and improving outcomes for First Nations children, young people, and their families
- Partnering with children, young people, and families and across disciplines
- Sharing of excellence and innovation to peer and lay audiences
- Impact or improved outcomes and/or quality
- Participation and contribution to CHA through active participation in CHA’s initiatives, and/or engagement that enables sharing of information and ideas across professional groups and member organisations.
The Medal of Distinction may only be awarded to those staff who work in a CHA Member Hospital or Health Service, our CHA Community.
The judging panel will be representatives of the diversity within CHA member services.
The Children’s Healthcare Australasia Medal of Distinction for 2023 will be awarded at the Paediatrics Units networking dinner on Wednesday 18 October 2023 in Brisbane, (venue TBC).