National Paediatric Medicines Forum (NPMF) is a national expert panel formed by the tertiary Children’s Hospital through CHA that aims to:
- Evaluate clinical efficacy and cost effectiveness of in scope high costhigh-cost medications
- Assess referrals for the use of new, high costhigh-cost medicines in paediatric patients.
- Disseminate recommendations to all participating paediatric healthcare services
- Collect information and share experiences between participating facilities
With a view to:
- Promote and improve equity of access to medicines
- Promote high quality use of medicine in paediatric patients
- Promote consistency of treatment in paediatric patients across Australia
The NPMF evaluates novel, high costhigh-cost therapies and disseminates evidence based, peer reviewed (by subject matter experts) recommendation summaries.
Medications chosen for evaluation have come from horizon scanning and discussions that members have been raised at their local Drug & Therapeutics Committees as high– cost and novel with limited evidence in paediatric patients.
For further information please contact the NPMF Pharmacist, Deshina Naidoo