CHA is the peak body for hospitals providing healthcare for children & young people in Australia and New Zealand. With more than 90 member services, CHA members provide care to over 350,000 children & young people each year, making us the largest children's health advocacy, networking & benchmarking organisation in Australia.
Monash Children's Hospital opened in early 2017
Due to open in early 2017, the new 230-bed Monash Children’s Hospital will be a dedicated hospital for the children and families of Victoria.
The new Monash Children’s Hospital Project:
- One of the largest children’s hospitals in Australia and one of only two tertiary paediatric hospitals in Victoria.
- The new hospital will be co-located next to Monash Medical Centre in Clayton. Monash Children’s Hospital satellite sites at Dandenong and Casey Hospitals will continue.
- Purpose-built paediatric facility where clinical services will be delivered in a child and family-friendly environment.
- The only hospital in Victoria which provides foetal surgery and thalassemia treatment.
Welcome to new CHA Members: Flinders Medical Centre (SA), St John of God - Midland (WA) and Wagga Wagga Rural Referral Hospital
- Flinders Medical Centre (FMC) is a approximately 593 bed specialist referral public teaching hospital in Adelaide, South Australia. On 1 July 2011, as part of the ongoing health reform process, FMC became part of the Southern Adelaide Local Health Network.Situated in the Adelaide foothills approximately 12 kilometres from the city centre the hospital is only a few kilometres from our beautiful south coast beaches and close to famous wineries in the southern Adelaide region
- St John of God - Midland: Midland Public Hospital and Midland Private Hospital, is a new health care facility in Midland, Western Australia. St John of God Health Care built and operates the new hospitals under a public-private partnership with the state government. There is a 12-bed paediatric unit which features a bright and colourful communal area for young patients, their siblings and family members to play. An adolescent area also provides a space for older children to spend time during their hospital stay.
- Wagga Wagga Rural Referral Hospital has just undergone a major redevelopment. Including a new child & adolescent unit. This video provides a fly through of the facility.