West Moreton HHS - Employment Opportunity for Nurse Educator
West Moreton Hospital and Health Service
West Moreton Hospital and Health Service has a long history of providing care for the communities of Ipswich, Boonah, Esk, Laidley and Gatton. The hospital and health service is one of the largest employers in the region, employing more than 2,800 staff. West Moreton Hospital and Health Service delivers health services in a mix of metropolitan and small rural community settings and services a population of about 260,000 people.
About the Role:
- Rewarding role with an organisation that is an integral part of the community
- Up to 12 month temporary contract with possibility of extension
- Provide expertise in translating skills, knowledge and evidence into nursing capability caring for children.
The Nurse Educator is a Registered Nurse who is recognised as an advanced level practitioner with expertise in translating skills, knowledge and evidence into nursing capability of caring for children across the spectrum of clinical requirement from elective surgery to stabilisation of the critically ill. This role recognises and achieves effective nursing education through the application of a contemporary adult learning framework within clinical environments. The Nurse Educator - Paediatric Service is accountable for the design, implementation and assessment / evaluation of evidence based nursing/midwifery orientation and clinical skills programs, managing educational resources, and providing contemporary clinical expertise relating to the orientation and professional development of staff across the health service that care for children and their families. This role will also demonstrate expertise and leadership skills within the education service which includes knowledge of contemporary nursing/midwifery practice and theory; and extensive knowledge and ability to apply relevant legislation, guidelines and standards.
About West Moreton
- 40 Minutes from Brisbane CBD
- 9,521 kilometres region supporting over 250,000 people
- One of 16 Hospital and Health Services (HHS) within Queensland Health
- Fastest growing region in Australia with projected increase of 136% by 2036
- $490.5 Million budget and 2,934 full time equivalent staff
- One of the largest employers in the region
Really care: Every day we are proud of how we care for our patients, how we work together and how we deliver our work.
You matter: We are part of the community we serve. What is important to our community is important to us. We respond to your feedback about our work, our attitude, the services we provide and the way we provide them.
We deliver: Our patients, their families, our colleagues, our staff, our partners and our community can be confident in our people and our services. We honour our commitments.
Be the best: We are here to make our patients’ healthcare experience the very best it can be. We aspire to realise our vision and be proud to deliver healthcare excellence. West Moreton Hospital and Health Service is committed to delivering patient centred highly reliable care through excellent health, excellent care and excellent value.
Please provide the following information to the panel to assess your suitability:
- Your current CV or resume, including the names and contact details of two referees. Referees should have a thorough knowledge of your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years, and it is preferable to include your current/immediate/past supervisor
- A short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role, taking into account the Key Capabilities (see attached resource for more information)
How to apply
- The Health Service prefers candidates to apply for roles online through www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
- If you apply online you can track your application during the selection process, maintain your personal details and contact details and withdraw your application if necessary.
- If you experience any technical difficulties when accessing www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au please contact 13QGOV (13 74 68).
- All calls relating to the status of your application once the job has closed should be directed to the contact officer - Ruth McCaffery (07 3413 7360)
- Late applications cannot be submitted online.
1st October 2018
For more information:
Visit the job posting here
See attached resources