Employment Opportunity - Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (TOWNSVILLE)
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has 22 NICU and 28 Special Care Nursery cots and coordinates the Neonatal Retrieval/Transport Service for the North Queensland area. The unit provides the only tertiary neonatal service outside Brisbane.
The Neonatal Unit provides tertiary care and specific specialist services for newborn babies. The types of babies cared for are those born prematurely, requiring surgery, congenital anomalies or sick infants that require neonatal intensive care or special care.
The Neonatal Nurse Practitioner functions as part of the combined Neonatal Registrar and Nurse Practitioner roster and will be required to participate in neonatal retrievals.
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- A Masters of Nursing - Nurse Practitioners qualification (mandatory).
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current practising certificate.
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge and clinical proficiency to participate in neonatal aeromedical and road emergency retrievals and transports.
- Ability to provide advanced, comprehensive, family centred and holistic neonatal care.
- High level of confidence and clinical proficiency in patient assessment and in carrying out, and/or prescribing, a range of procedures, treatments and interventions that are evidence based and informed by specialist knowledge.
Generous remuneration package value up to $152,351 p.a. comprising salary range of $127,524 to $133,136 p.a. (Nurse Grade 8), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the EAP.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (320+ days/year). Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic. Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow. Living in Townsville, the largest regional centre in the North.
Enquires: Marissa Edmondson – 07 4433 1827
Applications close: Wednesday 1st January 2020
To Apply: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV331354