Paediatric Emergency Care: ED & UP Learning Community - 21 April 2021 at 12:30pm (AEST)
The focus of this web conference is on the ED & UP Learning Community- Decreasing avoidable and repeat visits for mental health and substance abuse therefore providing better care for ED Patients with Behavioural Health Needs.
The aim of the ED & UP Learning Community is for participating teams to improve patient outcomes and experience of care and staff safety while also decreasing avoidable, repeat visits to the ED for individuals with mental health and substance abuse issues who present to the emergency department.
Emergency departments and their community partners participating in the Learning Community will test and implement change ideas in the following areas:
- Build and leverage partnerships with community-based services
- Coordinate and communicate between the ED and other health care and community-based services
- Standardize processes from ED intake to discharge for a range of mental health and substance abuse issues
- Engage and capacitate patients and family members to support self-management
- Create a trauma-informed culture among ED staff
- ED & UP commenced with a small group of hospitals Integrating Behavioural Health in the Emergency Department and Upstream (ED & UP) Learning Community.
About the presenters:
Dr Vera Feuer is the
Director of Pediatric Emergency Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Urgent Care at Cohen Children’s Medical Center in New York City.
Vera and her team participated in ED & UP(link is external) an Institute for Healthcare Improvement initiative and does incredible work caring for patients and families experiencing psychiatric emergencies.
How can I join this web meeting?
Please register for this event. Details on how to join this Web Conference will then be emailed to you. You can also visit our members website.
All staff of Member Services are welcome to join this meeting. If you do not have a website account, you will need to create an account first.