CHA Paediatric Units Face to Face Insight Forum 2020
The CHA Paediatrc Units face to face Insight Forum will be held on the 5 ^ 6 November 2020 in conjunction with the CHA Directors of Nursing - Paediatric Services Insight Forum.
This is a not to be missed annual networking meeting for Directors of Paediatrics and Nurse Unit Managers leading the delivery of children’s care services within adult focused hospitals and healthcare services. Medical and nursing leaders of paediatric services within general hospitals have a lot in common – from the challenges of coping with too many children coming through in the winter and not enough in the summer, building and retaining a paediatric-competent workforce, to providing safe, high quality and family centred care in a health service focused on the needs of adults, and often on a shoestring budget. This is a group with rich expertise who bring generosity to sharing ideas and resources about the challenges and successes of making a difference for local children and their families.
What will the program cover?
The program is developed each year in close consultation with participants. Themes covered in recent meetings have included:
- Improving the child’s journey through building good relationships between your paeds ward and your hospital’s ED
- Meeting the needs of the behaviourally dysregulated child in a paediatric ward
- Improving the reliability of care for children with common paediatric presentations, like bronchiolitis
- Building the confidence & capacity of your medical and nursing teams
- Lessons from adverse events
- Design & redesign of paediatric ward facilities
- Models of care to help avoid hospitalization for children with chronic health conditions
- And much more.
CHA invites any member peadiatric unit interested to share their work on improving care for children & families to contact us.
Who should attend?
- Directors of Paediatric Units in general hospitals
- Directors of Nursing of paediatric wards in general hospitals
- General Paediatricians & paediatric nurses
- Managers / executives of paediatric services within General Hospitals
- Interested students & parents/carers are welcome
Further details of the agenda will be finalised nearer the date.
This forum will run alongside the CHA Directors of Nursing - Paediatric Services Insight Forum. Please see below for registration fees for both events.
Register early or register as part of a small group and receive great discounts for this event.
CHA are offering a reduced registration fee for members who register before 8 October 2020. Discount will be appplied automatically when you register.
If you would like to attend this meeting with colleagues, then you can register 3+ members and receive a discounted Special Group rate. Please email the event organiser to find out more information.
If you would like to also attend the CHA Directors of Nursing Insight forum please click here and register via the CHA Directors of Nursing event page. There is a discounted registration for 3 days, which you can select when registering.
- Member Early Bird Rate*: $540 (+GST)
- Member Special Group Offer**: $495 (+GST)
- Member Rate (post 8 October 2020): $590 (+GST)
- Member 1 Day Rate: $315 (+GST)
- Member 3 Day Rate*** (includes registration for CHA Directors of Nursing Insight Forum): $795 (+GST)
Non Member Rates
- Non Member Rate: $795 (+GST)
- Non Member 1 Day Rate: $435 (+GST)
- Non Member 3 Day Rate*** (includes registration for CHA Directors of Nursing Insight Forum): $1150 (+GST)
*Registration must be before 8 October 2020 and payment must be received before the event.
** Only applicable when 3 or more delegates, from 1 hospital, register simultaneously via the event organiser. Please email for more details.
*** Please register for the CHA Directors of Nursing Forum to select this option (click here).
Venue & Accommodation
This meeting will take place at the Hadley's Orient Hotel, Tasmania
Please click here for hotels nearby.