CHA Paediatric Units Face to Face Insight Forum 2019
The CHA Paediatric Units Face to Face Insight Forum will take place on 31st October to 1st November 2019, in Melbourne. This event will run alongside the CHA Directors of Nursing face to face meeting, being held on 30th October.
This is a not to be missed annual networking meeting for Directors of Paediatrics and Nurse Unit Managers leading the delivery of children’s care services within adult focused hospitals and healthcare services. Medical and nursing leaders of paediatric services within general hospitals have a lot in common – from the challenges of coping with too many children coming through in the winter and not enough in the summer, building and retaining a paediatric-competent workforce, to providing safe, high quality and family centred care in a health service focused on the needs of adults, and often on a shoestring budget. This is a group with rich expertise who bring generosity to sharing ideas and resources about the challenges and successes of making a difference for local children and their families.
What will the program cover?
The program is developed each year in close consultation with participants. Themes covered in recent meetings have included:
- Improving the child’s journey through building good relationships between your paeds ward and your hospital’s ED
- Meeting the needs of the behaviourally dysregulated child in a paediatric ward
- Improving the reliability of care for children with common paediatric presentations, like bronchiolitis
- Building the confidence & capacity of your medical and nursing teams
- Lessons from adverse events
- Design & redesign of paediatric ward facilities
- Models of care to help avoid hospitalization for children with chronic health conditions
- And much more.
CHA invites any member peadiatric unit interested to share their work on improving care for children & families to contact us.
Who should attend?
- Directors of Paediatric Units in general hospitals
- Directors of Nursing of paediatric wards in general hospitals
- General Paediatricians & paediatric nurses
- Managers / executives of paediatric services within General Hospitals
- Interested students & parents/carers are welcome
Register early or register as part of a small group and receive great discounts for this event.
CHA would like to offer a reduced registration fee for all members who register before the 3 October 2019. Please click on the ‘register now’ button and select the Early Bird rate.
If you would like to attend this meeting with colleagues, then you can register 3+ members and receive a discounted Special Group rate. Please email the event organiser to find out more information.
Early Bird rate: for registrations on or before 3 October 2019*: $540 (+GST)
Special Group Offer**: $495 (+GST)
Member rate (post 3 October 2019): $590 (+GST)
Member 1 day rate: $315 (+GST)
Non Member rates:
Non Member rate: $795 (+GST)
Non Member 1 day rate: $435 (+GST)
*Registration must be before 3 October 2019 and payment must be received before the event.** Only applicable when 3 or more delegates, from 1 hospital, register simultaneously via the event organiser. Only 1 invoice will be provided and payment must be received before the event.
Venue & Accomodation
This meeting will take place in Melbourne. The venue will be confirmed in early 2019.