CHA Paediatric Units Face to Face Insight Forum 2019
The CHA Paediatric Units Face to Face Insight Forum will take place on 31st October to 1st November 2019, in Melbourne. This event will run alongside the CHA Directors of Nursing face to face meeting, being held on 30th October.
This is a not to be missed annual networking meeting for Directors of Paediatrics and Nurse Unit Managers leading the delivery of children’s care services within adult focused hospitals and healthcare services. Medical and nursing leaders of paediatric services within general hospitals have a lot in common – from the challenges of coping with too many children coming through in the winter and not enough in the summer, building and retaining a paediatric-competent workforce, to providing safe, high quality and family centred care in a health service focused on the needs of adults, and often on a shoestring budget. This is a group with rich expertise who bring generosity to sharing ideas and resources about the challenges and successes of making a difference for local children and their families.
What will the program cover?
The program is developed each year in close consultation with participants. The focus of the meeting is showcasing ‘relationships’. The two day program is packed with exemplars of relationships with practicalities in forging partnerships with Children’s hospitals, primary and community networks.
Key note speaker Dr Bob Klaber Paediatrician & Deputy Medical Director at Imperial College NHS Trust, London on Beyond Referrals: Connecting Care for Kids.
Practical examples include:
- Integrated general practitioner/paediatrician model
- Integrating care for children & families across the primary, secondary and tertiary divide for children with complex care needs
- Asthma Community Partnership
Effective clinical handover between a tertiary children’s hospitals and a paediatric unit: what can we learn from patients?
Strenthening coordination & communication between tertiary and secondary paediatric services
Tour of the new Joan Kirner's Women's and Children's at Sunshine Hospital
Please click here to see the draft program.
Who should attend?
- Directors of Paediatric Units in general hospitals
- Directors of Nursing of paediatric wards in general hospitals
- General Paediatricians & paediatric nurses
- Managers / executives of paediatric services within General Hospitals
- Interested students & parents/carers are welcome
CHA would like to offer a reduced registration fee for all members who register this meeting with colleagues. Register 3+ members and receive a discounted Special Group rate. Please email the event organiser to find out more information.
Special Group Offer*: $495 (+GST)
Member rate (post 4 October 2019): $590 (+GST)
Member 1 day rate: $315 (+GST)
Non Member rates:
Non Member rate: $795 (+GST)
Non Member 1 day rate: $435 (+GST)
* Only applicable when 3 or more delegates, from 1 hospital, register simultaneously via the event organiser. Only 1 invoice will be provided and payment must be received before the event.
Venue & Accomodation
This meeting will take place at the Oaks on Market, Melbourne.