CHA Paediatric Units Event
CHA's Special Interest Group for Paediatric Untis brings together medical, nursing & allied health clinicians with expertise in caring for children & young people within general hospitals that typically focus predominantly upon adults.
At last year's meeting, CHA invited the Emergency Care Special Interest Group members to join for a rich day of shared learning about improving communication and coordination of care between EDs and paediatric wards. Participants were enthusiastic about the benefits of this combined meeting.
This year, CHA has invited participants in the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Special Interest Group to join the Paediatrics Units meeting for one day, to share their expertise. The other day will focus on priority topics of interest to the Paediatric Units SIG members.
Objectives of this meeting include:
- reviewing insights from the NHMRC funded study, Care Track Kids, related to opportunities to improve the quality of care for children with common high volume diagnoses
- sharing findings from CHAs pilot audit on bronchiolitis care and plan a national quality improvement project for 2019
- identifying innovative approaches to outpatient care and hospital avoidance efforts
- sharing challenges and solutions for enhancing care and outcomes for children with mental healthcare needs and their families, including children with behavioural disturbance in general paediatric wards
Who Should Attend
- Directors of Paediatric Units in general hospitals
- Directors of Nursing of paediatric wards in general hospitals
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health medical practitioners
- Paediatric nurses with a role/interest in child & adolescent mental health
- Allied health professionals with a role/interest in child & adolescent mental health
- General Paediatricians & paediatric nurses
- Managers/executives of paediatric services
What will the program cover?
The program is currently being developed in consultation with the participants in the CAMHS and Paediatric Units Special Interest Groups of CHA. CHA welcomes offers to present on innovative models or services. Please contact us if you would like to showcase work occuring at your health service from which you believe others might benefit.
Venue & Accommodation
The meeting will take place at the Mercure Sydney