CHA Medication Safety Face to Face Insight Forum 2019
For anyone in children's healthcare with a passion for safe medication use, this meeting is not to be missed.The dates for this years Medication Safety Face to Face Insight Forum is on 1st and 2nd August 2019 in Perth.
Medication Safety issues in children’s healthcare is a topic of ongoing importance. This annual meeting brings together individuals from children’s hospitals and paediatric units large and small who share a passion for ensuring children safely receive the right medications, the right dose, the right way and at the right time. Participants generously share their knowledge and expertise with one another, with the collective aim of reducing harms to children in relation to prescribing, dispensing, storage, and administration of medications.
Who should attend?
- Clinical & service leaders with responsibility for the design of safety systems
- Paediatric Pharmacists
- General Pharmacists with an interest in children’s care
- Paediatric nurses
- Nurses with responsibility for the care of children
- Physicians responsible for the care of children
What will the program cover?
The program is developed each year in consultation with the participants. Common themes addressed include:
- Lessons from medication safety incidents or near incidents
- Design & implementation of safe medication systems
- Management of high risk medications for children
- Improvement projects undertaken to enhance medication safety at children’s services.
Please click here for the program
Register as part of a small group and receive a great discount for this event.
CHA would like to offer a reduced registration fee for all members who attend this meeting with colleagues. If you can register 3+ members from the same hospital you can receive a discounted Special Group rate. Please contact our event organiser on (02) 6185 0325 to find out how to register.
Special Group Offer*: $495 (+GST)
Member rate: $590 (+GST)
Member 1 day rate: $315 (+GST)
Non Member rates:
Non Member rate: $795 (+GST)
Non Member 1 day rate: $435 (+GST)
* Only applicable when 3 or more delegates, from 1 member hospital, register simultaneously via the event organiser. Only 1 invoice will be provided and payment must be received before the event.
Venue & Accomodation
This meeting will take place at two venues. Day one (1 August) will be at the Parmelia Hilton Hotel. On day 2 we will then head over to the Perth Children's Hospital to continue with the Forum. A hospital tour will be included within the program on day 2. Please click here to see a map of the hospital.