The meeting will be held on Tuesday 24 October and Wednesday 25 October 2017 in partnership with the Sunshine Coast Hospital & Health Service in Queensland.
This SIG was established in 2013 and enables networking between Directors of Paediatrics and Nurse Unit Managers of Paediatric Units in general hospitals.
The first day is a combined meeting with the participants in CHA’s Paediatric Emergency Care SIG, which includes staff from paediatric emergency departments and from services with mixed adult/paediatric EDs.
This day will provide opportunities to share best practice approaches to meeting the needs of families & of ED and ward staff, including such themes as:
•The design & management of successful Paediatric Short Stay Units
•Optimising access & flow for children & families
•Paediatric Staff Education
•Addressing the needs of children & families affected by Family Violence
The second day will be for Paediatric Units SIG participants only. The program for this day is still being developed in consultation with SIG participants. It is likely the program will focus on the key themes identified by the SIG as priority topics for networking, including:
• Providing excellent paediatric care in resource limited circumstances
• Enhancing partnerships with children’s hospitals to improve care for children & families in referral services
• Is the Paediatric ward the right place for children/adolescents with significant mental health and/or behaviour issues
• Best practice care for children with bronchiolitis
• Building the capacity of your workforce in paediatric care
• Service Design and re-design to optimise patient experience & patient flow for children & their families.
• Optimising Paediatric Outpatient Services
• HiTH – benefits and funding challenges.
• CHA’s Paediatric Sepsis Collaborative
The paediatric staff at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital have kindly agreed to provide tours for participants to see the great design ideas for children & families that have been incorporated in their new hospital (opened in March 2017).
CHA will also provide a dinner at the Lake Kawana Hotel for delegates on the Tuesday evening to allow you to further network with other clinicians from nearby and afar.
The detailed program for this interactive 2 day meeting will be developed over the coming month with input from the ED and Paediatric Unit SIG participants.
The Emergency Departments SIG will be meeting on Monday 23 October to discuss priority areas identified by the SIG. Please click here to see further information. CHA Paediatric Units Delegates are invited to attend this additional day at a discounted cost of $750 for all 3 days. Please note this is an optional day that will not be specific to Paediatric Units, but focussed on Emergency Departments.
Member rate - Both days $ 560.00 (includes GST of $ 50.91)
Non member rate - both days $ 765.00 (includes GST of $ 69.55)
Member - 3 days $ 750.00 (includes GST of $ 68.18)